Czech Journal of Animal Science (CJAS)
ISSN 1212-1819 (Print)
ISSN 1805-9309 (On-line)
- An international peer-reviewed journal published by the Czech Academy of Agricultural Sciences and financed by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic.
- Published since 1955 (by 1997 under the title Živočišná výroba)
- The journal is administered by an international Editorial Board
- Editor-in-Chief: prof. Ing. Eva Tůmová, CSc.
- Co-editors: prof. MVDr. Ing. František Jílek, DrSc., prof. Ing. Linhart Otomar, DrSc., prof. Ing. Milan Marounek, DrSc., prof. Jana Pickova, prof. Ing. Antonín Stratil, DrSc., Ing. Ludmila Zavadilová
- Executive Editor: Ing. Kateřina Kheilová, Ing. Gabriela Vladyková
- The journal is published monthly
Original scientific papers and invited critical reviews covering all areas of genetics and breeding, physiology, reproduction, nutrition and feeds, technology, ethology and economics of cattle, pig, sheep, goat, poultry, fish and other farm animal management. Papers are published in English.
Substantial hybridisation between wild boars (Sus scrofa scrofa) and East Balkan pigs (Sus scrofa f. domestica) in natural environment as a result of semi-wild rearing in Bulgaria
Association of missense MTTP gene polymorphism with carcass characteristics and meat quality traits in pigs
Dietary chitosan-Cu chelate affects growth performance and small intestinal morphology and apoptosis in weaned piglets.
Beta-carotene supplementation positively affects selected blood metabolites across time around the onset of puberty in goats
IF (Web of Science): 2015 – 0.809
5-Year Impact Factor: 0.988
SJR (SCOPUS): 2015 – 0.579 – Q2 (Animal Science and Zoology)
Abstracted / Indexed in
• Agrindex of AGRIS/FAO database
• Animal Breeding Abstracts
• CAB Abstracts
• Current Contents®/Agriculture, Biology and Environmental Sciences
• Czech Agricultural and Food Bibliography
• DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
• Food Science and Technology Abstracts
• Google Scholar
• ISI Web of Knowledge®
• Science Citation Index Expanded®
• TOXLINE PLUS
• Web of Science®
All content is made freely available for non-commercial purposes, users are allowed to copy and redistribute the material, transform, and build upon the material as long as they cite the source.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Ing. Gabriela Vladyková
Executive Editor (Editorial Office - publication)
Phone: + 420 732 877 373, e-mail: cjas
Ing. Kateřina Kheilová
Executive Editor (submissions to editorial system)
Czech Journal of Animal Science
Czech Academy of Agricultural Sciences
120 00 Praha 2