Journal of Forest Science (JFS)
ISSN 1212-4834 (Print)
ISSN 1805-935X (On-line)
- An international peer-reviewed journal published under the auspices of the Czech Academy of Agricultural Sciences and financed by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic. Published since 1955 (by 1999 under the title Lesnictví-Forestry)
- The journal is administered by an international Managing Editorial Board presided by the Honorary Chairman Prof. RNDr. Ing. Michal V. Marek, DrSc.
- Editor-in-Chief: Doc. RNDr. Marian Slodičák, CSc.
- Co-editors: Prof. Ing. Emanuel Kula, CSc., Ing. František Šach, CSc.
- Executive Editor: Mgr. Petra Křížková
- The journal is published monthly
- Publication in the JFS is free of charge
Original results of basic and applied research from all fields of forestry related to European forest ecosystems and their functions including those in the landscape and wood production chain are published in original scientific papers, short communications and review articles. Papers are published in English.
Forest canopy density assessment using different approaches – Review
Growth performance and resistance to ground late frosts of Fagus sylvatica L. plantation treated with a brassinosteroid compound
Ecological functions of vegetation as potentials of ecosystem services (floodplain alder forest in the Tríbeč microregion)
Effect of black walnut (Juglans nigra) on the understorey vegetation – a case study of South Moravian forests (Czech Republic)