Soil and Water Research
ISSN 1801-5395 (Print)
ISSN 1805-9384 (On-line)
- An international open access peer-reviewed journal published by the Czech Academy of Agricultural Sciences and financed by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic. Published since 2006
- The journal is administered by an international Editorial Board
- Editor-in-Chief: Prof. Ing. Josef Kozák, DrSc., Dr.h.c.
- Co-editors: prof. Ing. Radka Kodešová, CSc., doc. RNDr. Lubica Pospíšilová, CSc., prof. Dr. Ing. Bořivoj Šarapatka, CSc., prof. Ing. Radim Vácha, Ph.D., prof. Ing. Tomáš Vogel, CSc.
- Executive Editor: Ing. Markéta Knížková
- The journal is published quarterly
Aims & Scope
original papers, short communications, and critical reviews from all fields of science and engineering related to soil and water and their interactions in natural and man-modified landscapes, with a particular focus on agricultural land use. The fields encompassed include, but are not limited to, basic and applied soil science, soil hydrology, soil erosion research and control, drought and flood control, soil contamination, land use, wetland restoration and protection, surface and groundwater protection in terms of their quantity and quality, good agricultural practices, land consolidation and other measures for improving and protecting soils and all other elements of the environment in small agricultural and forested catchments. Socio-economic issues are not excluded. The journal is open to authors from all parts of the world irrespective of their professional background and affiliation. Papers are published in English.
The impact of forest naturalness and tree species composition on soil organic carbon content in areas with unnatural occurrence of Norway spruce in the Czech Republic
Soil organic carbon fractions comparison after 40-year long-term fertilisation in a wheat-corn rotation field
Construction and calibration of a portable rain simulator designed for the in situ research of soil resistance to erosion
Irrigation quotas influenced the characteristics of the preferential flow in cotton fields under mulched drip irrigation in Northwest China
Antioxidant response by alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) to Pb pollution – A study to value the feasibility of soil phytoremediation